Who is the MCCW Team?
All the work of MCCW is done by a team of nearly 40 volunteers living all over the world. Our volunteers come from all branches of the military. Some are military dependents and some are active duty, in the reserves, or in the National Guard. Some are married, others are single. Some work outside the home, others are at home raising children or caring for their service members and household. Some of our volunteers are young and new to the military and others are more seasoned with years of military-life experience. Some of our volunteers hold positions that require technical or professional expertise and others fill roles that require time, energy, and a willingness to learn.
How Does Serving MCCW Help Me Grow?
MCCW volunteers find that as they serve they also grow in many ways. A deeper faith and greater understanding of our faith is one of the big ways, but many MCCW volunteers also find that the faith of their families grow as well! Other volunteers have made lifelong friendships, have had opportunities to attend retreats and events, and have developed skills they can use in other areas of their lives. Many volunteers also use their MCCW volunteerism on their resumes when they are seeking employment.
Beyond the benefits of volunteering with MCCW, many MCCW team members find that their work is an enhancement of their primary vocation — whether that be to married or single life — helping them to live that vocation more deeply.
Are you Called, Competent, and Committed?
Each of our nearly 40 volunteers have a few things in common: they have servant’s hearts, a love of their sisters in Christ, and an openness to diving deeper into their faith. We sum up these qualities with the words: called, competent and committed.
If you are, we need you! Each year MCCW has several positions open for discernment, a prayerful decision-making process we use to select leaders for MCCW. We also have many positions available on a rolling basis and filled by board members who oversee each position. The many positions vary in time commitment, responsibility, and duration.
Where Am I Being Called?
There is truly something for everyone in MCCW. Here are the positions that are currently available.
Discerned Positions (Discernment to be held in November):
- President: The president of the board oversees the work of the whole organization, plans and leads board meetings, helps set the strategic direction of the organization, and acts as the public face of the organization. This position requires a significant time commitment, some travel, and excellent organizational skills.
- Director of Forum: The Director of Forum oversees the planning of the biennial Forum event, selects and directs the Forum team, and manages the event in real-time. This position requires an increasing time commitment as Forum grows closer, some travel, and great interpersonal skills.
- Director of Finance: The Director of Finance manages MCCW’s finances including budgeting and basic accounting. This position oversees the MCCW Bookkeeper and requires a background in finance or accounting, some travel, and attention to detail.
- Director of Communications: The Director of Communication oversees all of MCCW’s communications efforts from the website to the newsletter, from social media to signs and printed materials for events. This position manages a team of communications volunteers and requires a background in communications fields as well as excellent written communication skills.
- Director at Large (1): MCCW’s Directors at Large serve in a wide variety of ways, always ready to meet the needs of the organization. A Director at Large should have a willingness to learn about all aspects of MCCW and an openness to serve as needed.
Appointed Positions (appointments are ongoing as qualified women are identified):
- Social Media Manager: The social media manager oversees MCCW’s social media profiles, with a particular focus on our Facebook page and groups. She creates and schedules original content as well as soliciting content from other MCCW volunteers. This position requires creativity, excellent written skills, and good time management skills.
- Instagram Content Manager: The Instagram manager oversees MCCW’s Instagram profile. She creates and schedules original content, solicits and schedules content from other MCCW volunteers, and works to extend MCCW’s reach within the Instagram community
- Stewardship Team Members: Stewardship is a growing area of MCCW’s work and we are building a team to support these efforts. Volunteers are needed for many types of work and we are looking for women with excellent writing abilities or a background in fundraising, development, donor engagement, or database management.
- Faith Formation Team Members: Faith formation is one of the programmatic focuses of MCCW and we are interested in building a team of forward-thinking women who would like to develop online events for our members. Faith formation team members may be involved in the creation of new content or may explore ways to transition existing content to online platforms.
What Should I Do Next if I Feel Called?
If one of the discerned positions seems like it would be a good fit for you, here’s what you should do:
- Download the personal discernment packet from www.mccw.org/discernment and begin the personal discernment process of prayer and reflection on your own.
- Prepare the materials you will need to turn in from the discernment packet and request a letter of good standing from your priest or chaplain.
- Once you have the materials ready, or if you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The group discernment process will be held virtually on or about the week of November 1, 2020 (Specific date and time will be determined based on the availability of those discerning).
If one of the appointed positions seems like it would be a good fit for you, here’s what you should do:
- Email email@example.com to let us know you are interested!
- We will get in touch with you to share more about the position, the responsibilities, and answer any questions you might have.
- We will work together to find the right place for you on our MCCW team!
If you are feeling called to serve, but aren’t sure where, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work together to find you a place on our team. All are welcome!