By: Nancy Belmont, Director of Faith Formation
One of the challenges of virtual Forum is translating the in-person leadership development modules into a dynamic and engaging online format. After collaborating with our MCCW President, Kim Miller (and the Holy Spirit), I believe we’ve hit that balance with our module “Finding Your Fiat: Listening and Responding to God’s Call.”
This module will help women identify role models from scripture, such as Our Blessed Mother, Zechariah, Elijah, and St. Paul, who said yes to God’s plan — sometimes after a struggle. We strive to help participants develop ways to listen and respond to God’s call despite difficulties. Activities include teaching, group discussion, guided Lectio Divina, time for personal reflection, and some fun surprises.
I will present this 90-minute interactive module via Zoom, utilizing both the teaching platform and breakout rooms to facilitate discussion. I will present the module twice, once in the morning and once in the evening, to capture participation from around the globe.
Two Time Slots Available
Friday, Nov. 13 at 10:30 a.m. EST AND 4:30 p.m. Central European Time
Wednesday, Nov. 18 at 6 p.m. EST AND 1 p.m. Pacific AND 8 a.m. Korean Standard Time
If your CWOC is able to meet in person, why not plan your gathering around this module? We’d love it if your group joined us live. While we won’t cast the Zoom sessions live to Facebook, we will record each live Zoom session (but not the breakout room discussions to encourage openness,) and post the videos to our website after they are edited. If your CWOC isn’t currently meeting in person, join us live on Zoom, or use the pre-recorded module to facilitate a virtual event for your chapel group. That way, you can listen to the teaching and pause the video to facilitate in-person discussion.
How to Prepare
Here are some key scripture excerpts and Catechism of the Catholic Church sections to review before the module and to have on hand for the presentation:
Luke 1: 5-25, 64,
We are offering some suggested questions for small group discussion:
- Can you think of a time when fear or doubt kept you from saying “yes” to God?
- How did that work out and what did you learn from that situation?
- Can you think of a time when you trusted in God despite uncertainty, putting yourself at his disposal to be an instrument of His will?
- How did that work out, and what did you learn from that situation?
- What obstacles have kept you from saying “yes” to God?
- How can we make sure God’s volume is not muted, not muffled by silliness or even legitimate concerns, but turned up?
- How do you quiet yourself so you can listen to God’s will?
- What words or phrases stood out from this exercise in Divine Reading?
- How did God speak to you through the Scriptures?
- Did He call you in a special way?
Note: Pre-registration is required.
If you’d like to join us live on Zoom, please pre-register for these modules on our website. Registration closes 48 hours before the start of each event.