Wishing you could hear from the keynote speakers who were supposed to join us in San Antonio? Us too! Don’t worry though – you can still find out what they have to say by picking up one of their books, listening to a podcast, or checking out one of their websites.
(Our first speaker: we were looking forward to kicking off Forum with what was sure to be a hilarious and compelling keynote by Jennifer!)
After being told that there wasn’t an audience for standup comedy done by a minivan-driving woman from the suburbs, Jenifer Fulwiler self-produced her own comedy tour, selling out across the country. As a mother of six children and a best selling author, she has much to share about her conversion to Catholicism, raising a large family, and how you can use your personal passions to reinvigorate your life.
Jennifer’s books include:
- The memoir of her journey to Christ: “Something Other Than God: How I Passionately Sought Happiness and Accidentally Found It”
- “One Beautiful Dream: The Rollicking Tale of Personal Passions, Family Chaos, and Saying Yes to Them Both”; described as an “intimate look at the struggles Jen went through while trying to find some way to use her God-given gifts while still putting her family first.”
- “Your Blue Flame: Drop the Guilt and Do What Makes You Come Alive”; her newest book which she describes as the place where she “lay[s] out all of my secrets for pursuing your passions in the midst of a busy life. It’s an invitation to discover what makes you come alive and go do it. Whether it’s launching a business that you hope will grow into an empire, or simply, arranging flowers once a week, this is your wake-up call to do the work that you were destined to do.”
Ways to stay in touch:
- Website: https://jenniferfulwiler.com/.
- Podcast: This is Jen – http://this-is-jen.com/ or on YouTube and other podcast apps.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jen.fulwiler
- Instagram: @jenniferfulwiler
- Twitter: @jenfulwiler
Katie Prejean McGrady
(Katie was scheduled to speak at our April Forum dates, but would have been unable to join us for our November dates due to the recent birth of her daughter! Congrats Katie and family!)
As a mother to two beautiful girls, Katie Prejean is also a dynamic and engaging Catholic speaker and author with a passion for sharing the Faith. She has traveled internationally, speaking to audiences of all ages on everything from the Eucharist, pursuing a relationship with Jesus, models, and methods of evangelization, ice cream flavors, and the best shows to watch on Netflix. Katie is a columnist for Catholic News Service and a writer for Blessed Is She, the Grotto Network, Life Teen, and America magazine. She has appeared on EWTN, Catholic TV, Radio Maria, Sirius XM’s Catholic Channel. Together with her husband, Tommy, she co-hosts a podcast named The Electric Waffle. The couple has also co-authored two devotional booklets for teens.
Katie’s other books include:
- “Follow: Your Lifelong Adventure with Jesus”; How well do you know Jesus? Like, REALLY know him? Catholic author and speaker Katie Prejean McGrady shares sometimes embarrassing, often humorous, and always inspiring stories about how she came to know and love Jesus, and shows you can too, through prayer, scripture, sacraments, and service. Winner of a 2019 Association of Catholic Publishers Award: Teen Books (First Place)
- “Room 24: Adventure of a New Evangelist”; five years after she graduated from high school, teacher, youth minister, and sought-after speaker Katie Prejean McGrady returned to her alma mater in Lake Charles, Louisiana, to teach freshman theology. In the early years of her career, McGrady’s hormonal, sometimes grumpy, and often confused students taught her what it means to evangelize. Her frequently witty and always candid stories—and the ten lessons she offers—will inspire anyone who works with youth in the Church today.
Ways to stay in touch:
- Website: https://katieprejean.com/
- Podcast: https://theelectricwaffle.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katieprejeanspeaker/
- Instagram: @ katieprejean
- Twitter: @KatiePrejean
(When we rescheduled Forum to November and learned that Katie would be unable to join us, we asked Lisa to be our second keynote. She agreed, and we were so excited because she is great! She has also agreed to be one of our keynotes for our virtual events – so you will still get to hear from this amazing woman!)
Lisa M. Hendey travels internationally giving workshops on faith, family, and Catholic news media topics. She is the host of “Lisa Hendey & Friends” on Breadbox Media and continues to write as a best-selling author. Her newest release, a children’s book called “I’m a Saint in the Making” is described as offering “simple but impactful suggestions for ways children can offer acts of prayer, service, and love.” Lisa is also the co-host of “Catholic MomCast”, a production of Holy Cross Family Ministries and CatholicMom.com, which is the website she founded. Each week, CatholicMom.com offers a variety of children’s activities designed to help children learn from the Sunday Liturgy of the Word. The website was acquired by Holy Cross Family Ministries in 2016 and also features columns on a wide variety of adult subjects ranging from Catholic breastfeeding to Natural Family Planning and features a Catholic Book Club among other interests. In addition to authoring more than a dozen books, Lisa’s writing has also been featured in articles for The National Catholic Register, Our Sunday Visitor, and The Catholic Digest. She is a regular contributor to the daily EWTN radio program, the SonRise Morning Show, speaking on topics related to family and technology.
Ways to stay in touch:
- Website: https://lisahendey.com/
- Podcast: Lisa Hendey & Friends – https://lisahendey.com/8770-2/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisamhendey
- Instagram: @lisahendey
- Twitter: @LisaHendey
- YouTube: Lisa Hendey
Still looking for more from great Catholic speakers? Don’t miss our four keynotes during Faux Fiesta Forum: Lisa Hendey, Emily Jaminet, Mary Lenaburg, and Sister Nancy Rose Gucwa.