Event registration and hotel reservations will open in mid-June. Keep an eye out for the updated links.
MCCW is happy to announce that we were able to work with the original location, the Riverwalk Marriott in San Antonio to book the new dates for Forum. We are also pleased to announce that Jennifer Fulwiler will still be joining us as a keynote speaker.
Most importantly, we look forward to seeing all of you in November in San Antonio.
The new dates are November 5-8, 2020.
We know that many of you will have questions about the rescheduled dates and registration.
We anticipate your registration questions falling into one of four categories:
- I have already registered, and I know that these new November dates are good for me, so I want to simply transfer my registration.
- I have already registered, and I know these November dates are not going to work with my schedule. I need to request a refund.
- I have already registered, but I need a little bit of time to see how my schedule will look that far out.
- I will be creating a new registration on Eventbrite because I can now attend Forum in November.
Lodging will also look a little different for the new dates. There are a few things of importance to note:
- The first is that you will need to use a new link to book your hotel room for the November Forum dates.
- Also, please keep in mind that registration for Forum is a two-step process. You will need to register for the Forum event itself AND make a separate room reservation. These two things are exclusive of one another and both steps need to be completed in order to be fully registered for the event.
- Lastly, because we had to reschedule the dates for Forum, the hotel was unable to keep the original room rate of $179 per night. The new rate is going to be $209/night. I know this is less than welcoming news, but one that needed to be mentioned upfront as you prepare to Connect, and Reunite with your Sisters-in-Christ and hopefully Inspire any new ladies that may be joining us for the first time.
No changes to the theme and major activities.
You also will see that our theme stays the same. It is based on Luke 1:38, also known as Mary’s Fiat. “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. Be it done to me according to thy word.” We will be giving our Fiat to the Lord through morning and evening prayer, an illuminated rosary, participating in Mass each day, and, of course, there will be adoration and reconciliation over the course of the weekend.
More news out of San Antonio.
Our original April Forum dates coincided with a city-wide celebration called Fiesta. Fiesta commemorates the Battle of the Alamo and it is a big deal in the history of San Antonio. They celebrate with parades, street dancing, and live music throughout the city at all hours of the day and night. Fiesta was also postponed and subsequently moved to the same weekend we are there in November.
If that isn’t God calling us to Connect, Unite, and Inspire one another while being the visible presence of Christ in this city, at this time, then we don’t know what is.
Forum Daily Highlights
San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk
Your $260 per person registration fee includes:
- Opening night refreshments
- Daily coffee and tea breaks
- Three-course banquet dinner
- Bagged Sunday morning breakfast
- Two amazing keynote speakers: Jennifer Fulwiler and Katie Prejean McGrady
- Participation in Mass and Adoration with Archbishop Timothy Broglio, Bishop Buckon, and AMS clergy
- Guest remarks by AMS clergy, military chaplains and some of your own sisters in Christ
- Opportunities to worship at two historic San Antonio churches
- A visit with AMS co-sponsored seminarians
- A take-home Faith Formation Toolkit
- MCCW Forum 2020 t-shirt
Check back when registration reopens!
How to Register
Please visit the Forum Registration page on Eventbrite (insert link) to register. Please keep in mind:
- All sales will close on TBD.
- All payments need to be received by TBD.
- Space is limited, so please make your reservations as soon as possible!
NOTE 1: Please determine if your chapel is paying any portion of your Forum registration fees before you process a personal payment. If any portion of your registration will be paid with chapel funds, please select the “INVOICE” payment option. NO REFUNDS to personal credit cards will be issued after payment has been made.
NOTE 2: If your Chapel is paying, the Chapel POC needs to email the MCCW Finance Team at email@example.com to advise the following and request an invoice:
- Chapel Name (Base/Post)
- POC: Parish Coordinator and/or CWOC President or Chapel Funds Manager (Please include emails and/or phone numbers.)
- Name, email, and phone number of Funds Manager or Religious Support Personnel who will handle payment
- Names of registrants receiving a subsidy and the amount each attendee is receiving
Once this information is received an invoice will be emailed back.
When completing online registration make one of the following payment selections:
- a) Choose ONLINE at Eventbrite via CC (small transaction fee applies)
- b) Choose MAIL-IN and send your check, notated with “Forum 2020” in the memo line, to:
PO Box 4456
Washington DC 20017-9997
- c) Choose INVOICE if your chapel is paying any or all of the registration. See additional information in the notes above.
All payments must be made via EventBrite or check.
Getting from the San Antonio International Airport to the San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk is simple! A quick taxi ride (approximately $24) or a quick Uber ride ($17X or $25XL) will get you there in no time! SuperShuttle (www.supershuttle.com) offers special rates for group transportation. Forum attendees requiring special transportation assistance should email Rebecca Lockhart at Rebeccalockhart06@nullgmail.com to make arrangements.