How many of you have been part of an MCCW Cider Service or Bread Service? Participated in an MCCW leadership training event? Used one of MCCW’s devotion guides, installation ceremonies, or discernment processes? Gotten a faith or book study idea from MCCW?
Making those programs, resources, and so much more available to individual women and to women’s ministries around the globe is the responsibility of the Director of Faith Formation, one of the nine members of the MCCW Worldwide Board. Her role is to connect women with the very best resources that will allow them to grow in their faith – no small task.
MCCW will be hold discernment for this very important position on April 29, 2019 at 2 p.m. EST via a telephonic discernment process. The woman who discerns this position will serve a two-year term April 2019-2021. Following the spring discernment process, the new director will begin recruiting a team of other volunteer leaders who will focus on tasks like writing, updating, editing, gathering, and researching.
If reading this stirs your heart and you want to learn more about the Director of Faith Formation position, please download the Worldwide Board discernment packet from http://mccw.org/resources/discernment/ and begin the personal discernment process. To submit your packet, or to get more information, please email email@example.com.
Director of Formation Resources Job Description and Expectations
The director of formation resources ensures that MCCW is connecting its members with the best formation resources available. Her duties include:
- Developing a plan to offer resources, training, and education that fits with the mission of MCCW-Worldwide.
- Ensuring that all worldwide board members are trained on leading MCCW Leadership Development Modules.
- Working closely with the Director of Communications to write a plan for disseminating those resources.
- Working with the President to develop and implement plans for capitalizing on external relationships for the benefit of MCCW-Worldwide individual members and chapel groups and for connecting MCCW-Worldwide individual members and chapel groups with external resources.
- Chairing the formation resources committee and identifying and selecting members of the committee with input from the Worldwide Board.
She will fulfill her duties while adhering to the annual budget and finance guidelines set out by the Director of Financial Stewardship and approved by the Worldwide Board.
- The board is made up of nine equal positions responsible for separate aspects of MCCW-Worldwide’s programmatic or administrative work. As a body, they also set the strategic vision for the organization.
- For voting purposes, each board member has one vote, except the Pesident who votes only in case of a tie.
- The board meets at regular intervals via teleconference and in-person once annually to plan both the strategic and programmatic aspects of MCCW-Worldwide’s work.
- The President and Directors of Rgional Coordinators, Financial Stewardship, Forum, Communications, and Formation Resources will be active-duty military or the female spouse of active duty military.
- The Directors-at-large can come from any eligible group served by MCCW to include active duty, active duty dependents, retired dependents, guard, or reserve.
- Members of the Worldwide Board will be expected to attend monthly teleconference meetings and submit monthly reports on their work.
- All nine board members will be expected to attend the regional retreat in her region, the in-person board meetings, and Forum.
- Any of the nine may also be called upon to attend other regional retreats to represent the worldwide organization.
- MCCW-Worldwide will send at least two board members to each retreat. Preference will be given to those who have to travel the shortest distance. All nine board members will be trained to lead regional discernment so that any of the board can equally share in that responsibility.
- A board member can expect to spend money on travel, food, lodging, and registration fees during her term. Though the specifics of her financial contribution may change on a yearly basis based on budget availability, for planning purposes a board member can expect to pay for the following:
- For in-person board meetings, board members will be given a capped travel allowance, will have lodging covered, and will be responsible for their own food and incidental costs.
- For the regional retreat in their region, board members will be expected to cover travel, lodging, food, incidentals, and registration.
- For any additional regional retreats she is asked to attend, a board member will be given a capped travel allowance, will have lodging and retreat registration covered, and will pay for her own incidentals.
- For Forum, board members will be given a capped travel allowance, will have lodging covered, and will be expected to pay for her own registration fees, food and incidentals.
- Personal finance should not be the sole factor that keeps a woman from participating in discernment. MCCW make every effort to subsidize costs for qualified, dedicated board members as the budget allows. Please contact the Discernment Coordinator for more information about the financial commitment.